UNIX/LINUX Cloud Engineer (senior level)
Experience: Must have 6+ years of UNIX/LINUX system administrator experience and be familiar with dealing directly with mid-level server platform hardware
Education: BA/BS Degree or equivalent years in experience (6+ years experience)
CLEARANCE: Top Secret/SCI* Clearances Required
Description & Key Skills Required:
- The candidate will support the daily operations and maintenance the UNIX/LINUX Cloud infrastructure.
- This position is responsible system administration of Solaris 10 (and legacy) UNIX and LINUX servers. The candidate will provide assistance to users in accessing and using client/server systems. Provides tier three server support for the customer.
Must have the following skills:
- TS/SCI* Clearance Required – please additional information below.
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of relevant experience.
- System administration experience with Solaris 7, 8,9,10.
- Thorough knowledge of Linux Red Hat architecture, deployment, administration, networking, performance monitoring/tuning, security hardening, troubleshooting and production operations.
- Advanced TCP/IP and multicast knowledge; Strong knowledge of SMTP, DHCP, DNS, NIS, LDAP, CIFS, NFS, Postfix, BIND, SNMP, and Linux system security.
- Hands on experience with either private or public cloud technology – Accumulo, Hadoop, Cloudbase, Amazon EC2, Eucalytpus, and/or Openstack.
- Strong VMWare infrastructure experience with both ESX and ESXi.
- Strong knowledge of Kickstart procedures, fluent in Perl and Shell Scripting, with experience implementing automation and monitoring using shell scripting and other related tools.
- Experience using HP Server Automation for distribution and management.
- System monitoring experience (SNMP, Nagios, Cacti, HP OpenView, Ganglia, etc).
- Backup experience with Veritas preferred.
- Experience with Source code control systems and bug tracking systems like JIRA a plus.
- Ability to manage build environments, including familiarity with source control and standard build tools such Maven and Ant.
- Excellent written and verbal communication; must be able to thoroughly document implementations, modifications and removals.
- Highly organized, self-motivated, able to multi-task, able to work independently as well as a team player.
- Disk mirroring experience
- Understanding of the various shell capabilities (sh, csh, ksh, etc.)
*Refers to addition levels of clearance required for this position.