Senior Software Developer
Location: Suitland, MD
Experience: Must have 7+ years of relevant experience
Education: Masters Degree in Computer Science, Engineering (or related discipline) with 5 years experience in software development, or Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering (or related discipline) with 7 years experience in software development.
Description & Key Skills Required:
Senior position for Java application development (coding), maintenance, and extension of Java applications. Many of these applications are or shall be developed under the JBOSS J2EE environment, using the Eclipse IDE with Struts, Spring, Hibernate, LDAP, Apache JackRabbit (WebDAV) and others involve development associated with a GOTS tool and the Oracle J2EE environment.
Possess outstanding communication skills. Defines and executes software engineering activities within a project. Activities may consist of development planning, performance management, capacity planning, testing and validation, benchmarking, information engineering, and development. Responsibilities include participation in the technical review/evaluation of various projects, generation of formal presentations, and maintenance of thorough and accurate documentation.
- Hands on SW development experience
- Experience with all areas within the software lifecycle (design, development, unit/class testing, maintenance, documentation).
- Ability to function as part of a development team to include the use of a version control system.
- Experience with software CM
- Web Service development experience
- Eclipse experience
- Exposure to UML design constructs (Use Cases and Class diagrams)
- Understanding of SQL with JDCB programming