Information Systems Security Engineer
Location: Suitland, MD
Experience: 4+ Years of relevant IT experience
Education: BA/BS Degree or equivalent years of experience
Certifications: Must have Security+, and CISSP
Description & Key Skills Required:
- Performs duties to include support to the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) as well as serve as an Information Assurance (IA) Security Specialist for the Office of Naval Intelligence (ONI).
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a formal Information Systems (IS) Security Program and implementing and enforcing security policies for all three LANS (SIPRNET, NIPRNET, & JWICS).
- Provides Information Systems Security (INFOSEC) Management and IA program support to the ISSM in several areas from Certification and Accreditation (C&A) to security training to web page development and maintenance.
- Duties consist of developing, reviewing and maintaining security policies and standards for NT/Windows 2000 and UNIX environment. Provide advice and technical guidance to ONI command on system requirements related to security certification and accreditation of new and existing systems.
- Assess compliance based on DOD, DODIIS, DCI, DON and Intelligence security policies and corresponding security tests and evaluation procedures.
- Create reports for ONI ISSM and provide briefings on the results of the evaluation. The candidates will collect INFOSEC-related information from project managers, CCB’s and technical personnel, and complete contract deliverables by updating the DODIIS site accreditation documents (ONI Site Security Architecture and ONI Concept of Operations (CONOPS).
- Perform in-depth editing of draft documents and briefings; make the final check before products are delivered to the customer, guidance will include writing styles, naming conventions, references, and terminology to be used in documents and briefings.
- Knowledge of DCID 6/3
- Understanding of technical writing principles.
- Ability to write effectively and to capture procedures and guidelines
- MS Office Suite tools
- Strong technical writing skills
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Knowledge of DIACAP