Cyber Security Operations Engineer: Incident Handler
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Duties to be performed on the job:
- Perform Cyber Security (CS) tools administration and provide risk analysis support for multiple CS events. CS tools include but are not limited to:
- Vulnerability Scanners
- Anti-Virus Products and Central Console
- Intrusion Detection and Prevention System
- Log analyzer
- Coordinate with other teams to assist with and monitor the mitigation of vulnerability findings.
- Perform Cyber Security Incident Handling and coordinate with internal/external parties
- Monitor public vulnerability information
- Assist with Cyber Security awareness program for the organization.
- Work with CS team staff, other team administrators and users to conduct preliminary CS incident investigations.
- Provide risk analysis for vulnerabilities, incidents and change requests.
- Prepare and assist with monthly reports to the customer and metric reports.
- Document progress of assigned tasks.
- Assist with compliance with FISMA, NETL Program Cyber Security Plan (PCSP) and internal CS policies.
- Assist with external/internal CS audit(s).
- Minimum of 1-2 years of technical experience with Information/Cyber Security.
- Experience with CS tool analysis and management.
- Working knowledge of popular computer operating systems, network technologies and application technologies.
- Good team player – able to coordinate across and within teams and assist with various types of projects.
- Strong communication, organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to multi-task, analyze, and interpret vulnerability data as well as identify related issues and recommend solutions.
- Ability to follow instructions and follow pre-defined procedures.
- Creativity for improving the current policy and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Security or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Certification, such as CISA, CISM, CISSP etc., in Information/Cyber Security field is preferred.
- Must be U.S. Citizen.